The E010 from Eachine is basically the swiss army knife of mini drones. It comes with a vast array of extra features, modes, and gimmicks and most of them are surprisingly functional for a quad of this price class. This is a budget nano quad copter but don’t let that fool you entirely. It performs surprisingly well and has more additional features than most drones twice it’s cost.
it is a lot of fun to fly and the compass mode makes it so intuitive to control and are perhaps my favorite mode on the E010. Obviously, being a budget quad, it does have a few downsides as well. Most noticeably is the headless mode, which does not function very well. I’d even recommend not using it at all as it is just too unreliable. That being said, it is one of the best value for money buys on the market right now. At least when looking at cheaper mini models.
If you want a nano drone just for the fun and enjoyment of flight then it might not be the best option out there. Since quads such as the Blade Nano and HS170 are both mini UAVs at a reasonable price with outstanding performances. However, if you look to save a few bucks, but still want something with a lot of features and of a relatively high quality. Then the E010 from Eachine might be just the quad copter you are looking for.
- An array of extra features and flight modes
- Compass mode is a very intuitive flight mode and a lot of fun
- Good flight time
- Very high value for money
- Headless mode is very poorly done
- Controls may feel a bit complicated for beginners
Specifications, Modes & Features – What you need to know about the Eachine E010
Unlike most other mini drones on the market, the E010 offers a lot in terms of specifications and gimmicks. Let’s take a look.
- Headless Mode: Helps to stabilize the quad and makes it easier to fly at times. ”At times” being the keyword here, as the headless mode is by far the least functional mode with this quad and I’d go as far as to say that it is not even worth using. While it is fine when it works, it is so unreliable that you are better off getting used to flying it without the headless mode.
- Return to home: 1 button control command that calls the drone back to the remote’s position. This worked decently well during our testing which was a bit surprising when you look at the price of the E010. This is usually a feature that a lot of brands put into their budget quads purely for the sake of having it. Which usually leads to it being highly unfunctional. So a big thumbs up to Eachine for this one.
- 360 roll-over control command: Button command that makes the quad do a 360 roll-over when used. While not really a necessary feature, it is a welcomed one. As it adds a lot of fun and enjoyment to the use of this pocket quadcopter.
- Compass mode: Switch the quad controls to react directionally to your remote controls. This is a feature you probably should not get too attached too as most other nano quads do not have it. However, it makes the flying controls a lot more intuitive, at least to some people. This really comes down to personal preference, as some will find this to be a major improvement over regular control mode and some might find it counter intuitive.
- Around 8 minutes of flight time/60 minutes charging time: 8 minutes it a bit above the average of air crafts of this price and size.
- Weighs 1.8 ounces
Whats in the Box?
Despite the additional prop guards, there is really nothing special to the E010 accessories. Nonetheless, let us take a look at what you get when you purchase this quad copter.
- E010 Quacopter from Eachine
- Remote control
- USB Charger
- 4 Additional propeller guards
Final Thoughts – Conclusion
Is the Eachine worth the buy? Definitely! Granted, this has a lot to do with the extremely attractive price tag, but even though it is a budget model is performs admirably and is of decent quality.
Should you choose this over other nano drones? Well, that depends. If you prefer speed and flight performance there are a few other, better options on the market, such as the Syma X11. However, if you like to play around with flight modes such as headless, compass and 360 spins. Then this is definitely the best of the price class.
It is not the best for beginners since the controls can feel a bit overly complicated at first. That being said it is still very easy to fly once you get a hang of it and the pricing still makes it a very good buy for those looking for their first quadcopter.
I’d say the E010 is aimed mostly at people who already have experience with quadcopters but are looking for a fun, small and agile model to bring with them on vacation or just to play around with inside. It is a great indoor drone and one of the very best mini quads on the market right now.